LLLI Center for Breastfeeding Information
Journal Abstracts from 2001
Each month we feature information on a journal article of interest that was uploaded into the CBI bibliographic database. Here are the articles featured in 2001:
- January 2001: "Streptococcus Mutans, Early Childhood Caries and New Opportunities"
- February 2001: "Storage of human milk and the influence of procedures on immunological components of human milk"
- March 2001: "Method of feeding and transmission of HIV-1 from mothers to children by 15 months of age: propsective cohort study from Durban, South Africa"
- April 2001: "Early nutrition in preterm infants and later blood pressure: two cohorts after randomised trials"
- May 2001: "Breast milk feeding and cognitive ability at 7-8 years"
- June 2001: "Risk of Overweight Among Adolescent Who Were Breastfed as Infants"
- July 2001: "Physicians and Breastfeeding Promotion in the United States: A Call for Action"
- August 2001: "Longer breast-feeding and protection against childhood leukaemia and lymphomas"
- September 2001: "The Transfer of Drugs and Other Chemicals Into Human Milk," by the AAP Committee on Drugs."
- October 2001: Ross Mothers Survey
- November 2001: "Host defense benefits of breastfeeding for the infant"
- December 2001: "The effect of breastfeeding on child development at 5 years: A cohort study"