LLLI Center for Breastfeeding Information
Journal Abstracts and Reviews from 2005
Each month we feature information on a journal article of interest that was uploaded into the CBI bibliographic database. Here are the articles featured in 2005:
- January 2005: "Do Tongue Ties Affect Breastfeeding?"
- February 2005: "Breastfeeding and the Use of Human Milk"
- March 2005: "Current Status of HIV and Breastfeeding Research"
- April 2005: "Interaction Between Feeding Method and Co-Sleeping on Maternal-Newborn Sleep"
- May 2005: "Overweight in Children and Adolescents"
- June 2005: "Sharing the science on human milk feedings with mothers of very-low-birth-weight infants"
- July 2005: "Immunological components of human milk and their effect on immune development in infants"
- August 2005: "Breastfeeding and maternal stress response and health"
- September 2005: "Duration of Breastfeeding and Risk of Overweight: A Meta-Analysis"
- October 2005: American Academy of Pediatrics Policy Statement: "The Changing Concept of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome: Diagnostic Coding Shifts, Controversies Regarding the Sleeping Environment, and New Variables to Consider in Reducing Risk"
- November 2005: "Fat and Energy Contents of Expressed Human Breast Milk in Prolonged Lactation"
- December 2005: "Why babies should never sleep alone: A review of the co-sleeping controversy in relation to SIDS, bedsharing and breast feeding"