Media Release: Rules and
Regulations for La Leche League International's Essay Contest:
How the Seven Founders of La Leche League International Have Inspired
Me to Be a Breastfeeding Pioneer
1. No employees of La Leche
League International are eligible.
2. Essays must be 250 words or less.
3. Entries must be postmarked March 31, 2003, if sent through the postal system, or received by March 31, 2003 if emailed or faxed.
4. Essays should be titled "How the Seven Founders of La Leche League Have Inspired Me to Be A Breastfeeding Pioneer."
5. Breastfeeding pioneers, include, but are not limited to those who were inspired by the Seven Founders:
# To be the first ones in their extended family to breastfeed
# To become a Lactation Consultant, childbirth instructor, Peer Counselor, or doula
# To start an LLL or other breastfeeding group or organization
# To influence the establishment of a Lactation Room at your place of employment
4. Essays will be judged by La Leche League International employees.
5. First-place winner will receive a $100 gift certificate for purchase of items from the La Leche League International catalogue.
6. Second and third-place winners will receive copies of the book SEVEN VOICES, ONE DREAM.
7. All entries will become property of La Leche League International .
8. Winners will be personally notified and announced on our Web site by April 20 2003.